Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Decision, not a Resolution: Seeking the Meta-narratives

My wife and I have decided to try our hand again this year at reading through the Bible in one year. We made it through about three or four months in 2005, but lost steam as our lives got busier. We found it difficult to maintain our focus, keep up with the reading, and pour our hearts into it. Basically, it became a checklist for us and not the means by which we were seeking to approach God.

Recently, I found a website that takes you through the Bible in one year (Tyndale style) with commentary and pictures to boot. Plus you get to see other people's comments on their journey through the Bible as well. I have been pretty excited about this for several weeks and praying that God would truly help us see the big picture in his Word.

That last statement reflects an interesting area of study that I have not been sure where to begin. I feel that by reading through the Bible in one year, I have an opportunity to see what I have only heard others describe: the meta-narratives of scripture. I have some general ideas of what this is, yet I want to dig deeper.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post some suggested resources that discuss meta-narratives in scripture.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?