Thursday, July 19, 2007

Road Trip: Day 1

Tuesday I began a 12 day road trip to see much of British Columbia and some of the states between there and Kentucky. I am meeting Daniel Stillwell a good friend who has been on a road trip since the middle of June. This trip culminates in our arrival back to Lexington on July 28th. I flew out to meet him in the Seattle area and to see my Aunt Janet and Uncle Darry (Dad's sister and brother-in-law), who live in Silverdale, WA. Leaving from Louisville at 7:30am is quite an early morning but, thanks to my buddy Todd Wetzel, I was able to enjoy a great ride and Karissa was able to get a little more sleep, though she did wake up to see us off!

Interestingly, I sat next to someone on the plane from Louisville to Dallas-Fort Worth who lives in Port Townsend, just about half an hour north of Silverdale. She and I had a wonderful two hour conversation and it was strangely enjoyable to share a bit of life with a stranger. I look forward to many other encounters like ours.

After another stop in San Francisco, I arrived in Seattle and spent the rest of the day with Aunt Janet and Uncle Darry. Their hospitality toward Daniel and I, as well as their understanding of my short visit, made the brief time there sweet.

Karissa and I have started a flickr account for photos that can be viewed here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeremyandkarissa/

I will be updating it with photos from the trip along the way.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?